FFA231; Mechanics of Motions: Week 3 ( October 12th 2017)

🐍

For today's class, we started out by playing a game "Be There". We have to choose an animal we want to be and tell why we choose that animal from the perspective of the animal instead of a person point of view. We could pick any type of animal from pets, insects or even the ones in the zoo. The purpose of this game is for us to understand and feel more in depth with a character when doing an animation.

I picked snake so I have to introduce myself like "Hi, I am snake". There were many types of animal in the class that day, from cockroaches to chicken to eagles to lion and many more. I picked snake because from my point of view they look nice. So, I introduced myself and said that I like my own skin, I got new skin twice a year, my flexibility of swimming and climbing trees, my ability to eat a huge chunk of meat even though I have a small long body and the fact that snake actually have a cute face. 

Related image
(credit to the owner of the picture)

For the next exercise, we have to get a partner. The game is called Meeting Strangers. The purpose of this exercise is to try not to use as much talking while acting. Since we are meeting a stranger we usually try to get the stranger attention by staring or move our body instead of using voice. This time, I paired with Ashraaf. 


I have to stress about how much I hate acting because no matter how good the result could be, I'll always regret whatever I did. I am still cringing about my first week acting and now my cringing intensifies. 

To explain, what Ashraaf and I were trying to show is two strangers that met in a crowded train. Ashraaf who acted as a gentleman, gave his seat to a lady. Then, the lady seems to be in trouble with her phone, so she tried to ask the gentleman for help by giving 'help' glances. The lady's phone is out of battery so the gentleman lent his phone. When the lady reached her stop, she moved out of the train, right before going out the door she waved to the gentleman with his phone. The gentleman waved back but he realized he just got scammed a little too late.

After that exercise, we got into group of 9 for an activity called "Create an Environment". This time we have to create our own environment or atmosphere by using our own voices as sound effects.

Our group decided to make an environment of a group of friends camping in the jungle sitting around a bonfire enjoying themselves, singing, playing guitar and eating when suddenly they heard weird noises and getting attacked by multiple animals. And then it all went chaos and suddenly one of them pull out a gun and kill the animals. I, ended up being the bonfire in the middle so I had to make fire noises. We only had a minute to act so we try to make it as quick as possible. 

Even though I hate acting, there's definitely some love hate relationship in it. I do enjoyed it, but I just get uncomfortable afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FFA231; Mechanic of Motions: Week 1 (September 28th 2017)

FFA233; Digital Ink & Paint: FINAL.

FFA231; Mechanic of Motions: FINAL.